The loss of hair in oval or circle-shaped patches from the head or from other places, such as the eyebrows, beard, etc., is known as alopecia areata. Typically, the bald areas are the size of a single or five-rupee coin. Although it is not very prevalent, some people may also experience total hair loss. It can be very upsetting to have bald patches on one’s scalp, beard, or eyebrows.
What is Alopecia Areata?
Alopecia areata typically causes hair loss on the scalp, but it can also affect any body part that has hair on it. Alopecia areata barbae is the term used to describe the condition when it affects the goatee. One of the numerous autoimmune disorders that the advanced science of homeopathy treats is alopecia areata. Homeopathic remedies function by slowing the expansion of bald spots and promoting hair development. Homeopathic treatments for alopecia areata come from natural sources, so there is no chance of negative adverse effects.
What are the causes
It is believed that alopecia areata is an inflammatory condition. White blood cells (lymphocytes) and antibodies are produced by the immune system to defend against external invaders like bacteria, viruses, and other germs. The immune system misidentifies a part of the body as foreign in autoimmune illness.
When a person has alopecia areata, their affected hair roots, or hair follicles, are confused for something foreign, and a lot of white blood cells congregate around them. This results in some mild inflammation, which in some way causes the hairs to weaken and start dropping out, resulting in bald patches. Viruses, infections, prolonged antibiotic use, and other environmental variables are examples of potential triggers. Patients with alopecia areata frequently note a family member who also has the disease. According to estimates, one in five people with alopecia areata have a family member who also suffers from the condition.
According to research, those who have alopecia areata may also have a history of another autoimmune disease (such as thyroiditis, which causes inflammation of the thyroid gland, or vitiligo, which causes white patches on the skin due to a lack of melanin pigment). Viral infections, vaccinations, and physical tension are some causes of alopecia areata.
What are the signs or symptoms?
- Inconsistent hair damage: The issue frequently starts with one or more bare areas that are coin-sized, round, smooth, and lacking hair. When you see hair clumps on your pillow or in the bathroom, you might become aware of the issue for the first time. The head is where most hair loss happens. However, it can also affect the goatee, eyelashes, and brows. Patch sizes range.
- PinPoint Fuzz: This type of hair growth, which resembles a flourish at the edge of bald patches, may be present.
- Aching: Pain and itching in the bald area are two common complaints from patients, though they may not be serious.
- Scarring: In people with scarred alopecia areata, areas of hyperpigmentation (dark discoloration) can be seen in the bald patches.
Homeopathic treatment for Alopecia Areata
Alopecia areata is one of many autoimmune illnesses that are treated by the sophisticated science of homeopathy. Optimizing the overactive immune system that is destroying the hair follicles is one way that homeopathic therapy for alopecia areata helps. Homeopathic treatments promote hair development and prevent bald spots from getting bigger.
Homeopathy can therefore offer a reliable and long-lasting answer to this issue. Homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata also significantly reduces the likelihood of the condition returning. Following are numerous homeopathic medicines for alopecia areata are:
- Sulfur: One of the main treatments for baldness is sulfur. Tinea capitis causes the scalp to be unhealthily parched. eruptions of pus on the head. After cleaning, hair loss becomes worse. Additionally, there is itching, and scratching the hair results in burning and the scalp is perspiring.
- Acid Flour: One of the finest treatments for alopecia is acid flour. hair loss following an illness Hair is patchy and brittle, and itchy skin on the head is made worse by heat.
- Phosphorus: It works best as an alopecia treatment. Hair loss is a symptom, along with dry, scaly dandruff on the head and severe itching. Patients with phosphorus are typically extremely sensitive to outside stimuli, including light, music, odors, touch, and thunderstorms. They are also incredibly agitated and excited. The gastrointestinal tract, hepato-biliary system, blood, kidneys, bones, lungs, nerve tissue, etc. are among the primary targets of phosphorus’ effects.
- Mezerium, Natrum Muriaticum, Selenium, Acid.Phos, Graphitis, Vinca minor, Psorinum, and Thuja are some additional medications.
Precautions to avoid Alopecia Areata
- Diet: Prefer to eat a diet high in protein and iron because it has been discovered that an iron deficit and a lack of proteins (hair is made up of a protein called keratin) are the causes of alopecia. Use fruits like apples and watermelon in your diet, along with dates, chana, egg yolks, broccoli, and jaggery. Include foods like gooseberry (amla), oranges, guava, kiwis, and berries in your diet as vitamin C serves as a liaison in the uptake of iron. To some degree, this could encourage hair regrowth.
- Natural Oils: Natural oils are time-tested cure-alls for accelerating hair development. Examples include virgin (cold-pressed) coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil. The true benefit of coconut oil is its lauric acid content, which promotes hair growth when applied topically. Additionally, it has anti-inflammatory qualities that aid in the recovery of underlying illnesses like psoriasis and helps moisturize the skin to fend off dryness.
- Scalp Safety: Avoid using any cleansers that contain chemicals for your scalp. When washing your hair, choose sulfate- and paraben-free products. Avoid letting bald areas be exposed to the sun. Before going outside in the heat, carry a hat or put on a scarf.
- Onion puree: Although hair regrowth in alopecia has not yet been determined, many individuals have noticed some degree of hair growth after applying onion juice to their scalps.