A psychological dietary disease called anorexia nervosa causes individuals to fear acquiring fat. Even though they are underweight, they believe they are obese. Prolonged activity, the consumption of laxatives, nausea, and scouring are additional manifestations of the condition. A person is classified as having it if their weight is at least 15% below optimum. Anorexia nervosa can be successfully treated using homeopathy, which can also help the patient appear trustworthy while maintaining a better body perception.
Anorexia nervosa patients gradually put on weight or cannot keep it within a reasonable range for their elevation, maturity, dimensions, and overall health. Additionally, those who suffer from anorexia nervosa have erroneous perceptions of their bodies and crippling anxiety about putting on weight. Significant weight loss brought on by anorexia nervosa can result in diminished development, potentially fatal medical conditions, and possibly mortality.
Eating disorders include bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa. Similar signs can include a mistaken perception of one’s body and an intense dread of gaining weight. Bulimic people overindulge in nourishment for an extended duration while participating in particular behaviors to prevent obesity. Such actions consist of:
- Intentionally causing oneself to vomit.
- Misuse of drugs.
- Excessive exercise or fasting.
Causes of Anorexia Nervosa:
Anorexia nervosa’s precise origin is unknown. It’s likely a result of a combination of biological, psychological, and environmental variables, as with many disorders.
- Biological. Since the responsible genes are still unknown, some people could be more susceptible to anorexia nervosa due to genetic abnormalities. Inadequacy, empathy, and determination are all traits connected to anorexia and may be inherited in a handful of individuals.
- Psychological. Some anorexics may exhibit behavioral characteristics that make it simpler to maintain stringent diets and refrain from eating even when ravenous. They may strongly desire perfection and believe they are never skinny enough. Furthermore, individuals might develop anxiety and engage in restricted diets to cope.
- Environmental. In contemporary Western culture, thinness is valued. Becoming thin is commonly linked to worth and success. The scrutiny from peers, particularly young girls, might play a role in their desire to appear delicate.
Signs and Symptoms:
Starvation is a factor in anorexia nervosa’s manifestations and consequences. Along with mental and behavioral problems, anorexia nervosa also involves an erroneous assessment of body weight and a crippling dread of putting on weight or getting obese. Because whatever constitutes a low body weight varies from person to person and some people may not appear exceedingly thin, it may be challenging to identify the signs and symptoms. Furthermore, anorexics usually hide their medical conditions, eating habits, and a thin appearance. The signs linked to food or weight may involve the following:
- Different body images
- Low body mass
- Extreme aversion to weight gain
- An excessive amount of exercise
- Deny one’s hunger
- An obsession with cooking
- Abnormal eating habits
Physical signs may consist of:
- A poor state of nutrition
- Being extremely thin
- Constipation or bloating
- Lethargy or exhaustion
- Intolerant of cold temperatures
- Downy-consistent body hair
- Skin that is yellow or dry
- Balding hair
- Broken nails
Among the emotional signs are:
- Leaving out of social situations
- Loss of sexual enthusiasm
- Mood shifts
Homeopathic Treatment for Anorexia Nervosa:
Homeopathy is beneficial in treating anorexia nervosa sufferers. Using a constitutional homeopathic cure that has been strategically selected could help in rehabilitation from this medical condition. These medications function at a profound psychological level to produce excellent improvement. They help restore mental equilibrium and eliminate obsessive-compulsive behaviors and phobias that prevent people from eating.
- Natrum Mur is highly effective for people who have lost weight and appear thin, especially around the neck, because of anorexia nervosa. They tend to be overly sensitive, melancholy, and socially withdrawn. They are frail and rapidly get exhausted. Their limbs continue to be cold, and their skin is dry. They are anemic as well. Another issue they experience is hair loss. They can be experiencing mental trauma, such as grieving over losing a loved one, or they might be going through a failed relationship phase.
- Ignatia is recommended for people with anorexia nervosa or sensitive temperament. Additionally, they can be experiencing some kind of emotional trauma, loss, anxiety, or grave disappointment. They could be irritated. They struggle with sleep problems, are perpetually dissatisfied, melancholy, and angry, and have a gloomy mood.
- For sensitive, agitated, and overstressed individuals with high levels of stress in their lives, Kali phos is a popular medication. They are extremely frail. They are constantly exhausted and feel very weak. The flaw can be found on both mental and physical levels. They are too tired to do anything, and their muscles are feeble.
- Women who are prone to fainting and weakness should consider sepia. They have skin that looks yellow and a wrinkly, aged face. Even in a warm room, they feel rather cold. They continue to be unhappy, dislike working, are irritable, and are easily hurt. They also have poor libido, which results in less sexual desire.
- The Arsenic Album is best suited for worried people with obsessive-compulsive characteristics and anorexia nervosa. They tend to have set opinions and complain frequently to those close to them. They primarily exhibit severe weakness, anemia, and rapid weight loss.
- China is recommended for people who are highly emaciated and anemic. Their skin is dry, and they have a pale, yellow complexion. They have severe weakness. Their feet and hands are still chilly. Along with the aforementioned, they experience stomach problems, primarily an enlarged abdomen and abdominal pain.
- Alfalfa is thought to increase appetite when a person has a generalized food aversion. When a person is skinny, it also assists in stimulating weight gain. Muscle weakness, as well as mental and physical weakness, can all be improved.