IgA nephropathy, sometimes called Berger’s disease, is an autoimmune condition. It’s a specific kind of renal condition. Glomeruli (filters), a component of the kidney, are impacted by IgA nephropathy. When a person develops IgA nephropathy, however, a faulty type of IgA links to another IgA molecule rather than the area that is diseased, generating the immunological complex that results in blood leakage from the kidneys into the urine.
Nephropathy is a kidney condition in which the kidneys become less effective. It goes by the name “IgAN.” Immunoglobulin A, often known as IgA, is an antibody that defends the body against all external antigens. The body’s immune system relies on these antibodies to maintain its health. In reaction to an antigen, these antibodies block normal kidney function by clogging the kidneys’ glomeruli. We refer to it as Berger’s disease or IgA nephropathy. IgA antibodies accumulate in the kidneys in the glomerular kidney condition known as Berger’s disease or IgA nephropathy. As a result, the kidneys’ glomeruli get inflamed and damaged. Let’s first take a closer look at IgA nephropathy before discussing homeopathic treatments for it.
Immune system disorders include IgA nephropathy. This implies that rather than defending the body, the natural immunity of an individual attacks and damages their own body. To even a slight stimulus of an antigen, the normal defense mechanism goes haywire and begins firing excessively. Inflammation is brought on by IgA antibodies that become lodged in the kidney’s glomeruli. The kidney structure that is inflamed cannot function normally. Processes that would normally be carried out without issue don’t happen. Blood and protein that the kidney should ordinarily hold when filtering is not entirely retained and flow into the urine.
Symptoms of Iga Nephropathy:
In the majority of cases, the disease has few symptoms in the beginning stages. The person suffering would not even be aware that they had a disease. Some slight signs start to appear as the disease worsens. The most typical signs of IgA nephropathy are:
- Oedematous hands and feet might develop and experience swelling. We tend to dangle our feet down most of the time, so swelling in the feet is more obvious earlier. The extracellular fluid in the tissues is to blame for this.
- IgA nephropathy frequently manifests as hypertension. Maintaining control over it is crucial.
- Patients who experience weakness and exhaustion often report feeling low on energy. They frequently portray it as weakness or lethargy.
- While filtering blood, the kidneys are unable to hold onto albumin or protein. The albumin leaks into the urine as a result of this. The level of albumin in the urine may increase as the condition worsens.
- Urine that appears to be foaming up. The protein leakage into the urine is mostly to blame for this.
- Blood in the urine can cause the color of the urine to turn dark, brownish, or reddish. The blood that should be maintained in the body and not leak into the urine is unable to be retained by the kidneys. The amount of blood present determines the precise hue of the urine. Genuine bleeding may cause the color of urine to shift clearly, whereas minute amounts of blood may not.
- The area immediately below the ribcage or the flanks may be painful. This results from the kidneys’ internal structure being inflamed.
For the diagnosis of IgA nephropathy, the doctor takes into account the symptoms, the results of the physical examination, and the laboratory findings. IgA nephropathy may initially be mistaken in older people for heart failure since both conditions can present similarly when there is renal impairment. This syndrome may be identified in patients who have edema with significant proteinuria, defined as a urine protein to creatinine ratio of greater than 2 (mg: mg) in the first sample taken in the morning in children or 3.5 g/24 hours in adults. The amount of protein loss can be determined by a 24-hour laboratory urine test, but many people find it challenging to collect their urine for that long. Alternatively, a single urine sample can be used to assess the ratio of protein levels to creatinine (a waste product), which can be used to measure protein loss.
Homeopathic Treatment for Iga Nephropathy:
IgA nephropathy is managed with homeopathy in the same way as other autoimmune diseases. The medications that treat the patient’s symptoms boost the body’s natural immunity. Slowly but surely, the immune system that has gone wild is being corrected. IgA antibodies do not block the kidney glomeruli once the immune system is functioning as it should. Proteinuria, frothy urine, blood in the urine, and other symptoms vanish when the kidneys’ normal function returns. Here is a brief but highly helpful list of the top homeopathic treatments for IgA nephropathy.
- One of the finest homeopathic treatments for IgA nephropathy with a thirst for cold water is phosphorus.
Phosphorus is one of the best homeopathic treatments for Berger’s disease when there is a strong need for ice-cold water. The patient is typically tall, lean, and has a narrow chest. All across the body, this medication has a tendency to irritate and inflame the mucous membranes. Additionally, it can result in kidney hemorrhage. Urine is murky, brown, and has red sediment in it.
- One of the greatest homeopathic treatments for IgA nephropathy with burning in the urine is cantharis.
Cantharis is one of the most effective homeopathic treatments for IgA nephropathy when there is severe burning in the urethra while passing urine. Although only a small amount of urine is passed, there is a constant urge to urinate. Nephritis results in bloody urine. The urine appears to be like gelatin.
- One of the greatest homeopathic treatments for IgA nephropathy following alcohol misuse is arsenic.
Arsenic album is among the greatest homeopathic treatments for Berger’s illness when the issue arises as a result of ongoing alcohol misuse. The patient is quite anxious and restless. Despite drinking a lot of water, there is a slight thirst. Another notable side effect of this medication is weakness. After the smallest effort, he becomes exhausted. Even after passing pee, one still feels weak.
- One of the finest homeopathic treatments for IgA nephropathy with persistent tenesmus is terebinthina.
Terbinthina is one of the finest homeopathic treatments for IgA nephropathy when there is persistent tenesmus. The area around the kidneys hurts like hell. The right kidney and right hip both experience a pulling feeling. Bloody, scanty, or suppressed urine is all possible.
- One of the greatest homeopathic treatments for IgA nephropathy and red, edematous swelling is apis mel.
One of the greatest homeopathic treatments for Berger’s illness, or IgA nephropathy, is Apis Mel,l when there is edematous swelling and redness of the affected area. The impacted areas experience stinging pains. Almost no thirst is felt by the patient. Casts are present, and urine is inhibited.
Making a few dietary changes may help you stop the development of IgA nephropathy. This comprises. Consuming a diet low in salt, saturated fats, and cholesterol, as well as sources of omega-3 fatty acids from sources such as flaxseeds, canola oils, oil from cod liver, walnuts, and supplements with fish oil, while reducing the quantity of protein in your diet.